Dating back to the Middle and Recent Bronze Age (1700-1400 bc), the Tamuli archaeological complex is at the foot of Monte Sant’Antonio where the Marghine chain meets Montiferru.
Surrounding the nuraghe corridor located on a rugged basaltic rock, the trace of the Nuragic village emerges with elliptical and circular huts that have not yet been completely uncovered; the testimony of this necropolis is extraordinary. Made up of three tombs of the giants (collective burials), the area displays the alignment of six betili (anthropomorphic stones) representing female and male divinities, custodians of the funeral area: these are at the origin of a life that starts with death.
Rich in history and energy, the area is sunny and windy, open and wide, allowing the gaze to see as far as the sea. Remember to wear a jacket even on summer evenings. Get to know the site with a guide from the “Esedra” cooperative which manages the area and allows visitors from morning to sunset.